Re: Connection never killed

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:21:44 +0400

If it's operating system that crashes leaving your Oracle connections open, you gotta change the operating system. :) If it is your application that crashes, you gotta move the connection descriptor(s) to the global area and have fatal exception handler to check if they're still open and close them before terminating the application. And of course, normal termination must include connection closing too.