error in configuring oracle listener...redfinition of the previous problem stated

From: Arti Potnis <artpot78_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 22:03:41 -0700

Hi,

I had written earlier about my problem regarding configuration of the oracle listener.Thanks for all the responses.I tried some of the solutions mentioned but none of them seem to work.I'm posting the .ora files tnsnames,init,listener and sqlnet ...hopefully they'll give some clue.

The options I've tried but didn't work are :

1) setting the TNS_ADMIN env variable
2) setting the ORACLE_HOME env variable
3) setting the LOCAL_LISTENER parameter
4) In the globaldb name I have tried appending the domain name
explicitly
5) In all places where the db name is used I've tried it with and without the domain name appended.

There is only one listener called 'listener' configured.The errors encountered are as follows :

lsnrctl> start listener                     <-----attempt to start the
listener

TNS-12560:TNS Protocol Adapter Error
TNS-00530:Protocol Adapter Error
32-bit windows error 3: no such process

The server has Windows NT OS ,Oracle ver. 8.1.6. It has three ip addresses.I checked the network settings for the adapter.It shows two adapters
Intel(R) PRO/100S Server adapter
ip addr . 172.17.198.89
status: standby

Intel 8255 based PCs Ethernet Adapter (10/100) ip addr. 172.17.198.88
status: active

When I ping the host with the host name it returns the ip addr 172.17.198.89
When I try ipconfig on the server it returns three ip addresses

172.17.198.87
172.17.198.88
172.17.198.89

I have also tried to replace the HOST entry in the .ora files with the host name instead of the ip addr and tried with the other two ip addressed as well.
Since one of the adapters is in 'standby' does it make a difference ? Would it help to make this 'active' ?

The .ora files...

TNSNAMES

# TNSNAMES.ORA Network Configuration File:
G:\Oracle\Ora81\network\admin\tnsnames.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

CUST.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 172.17.198.89)(PORT = 1521))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = cust)
    )
  )

EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))     )
    (CONNECT_DATA =

      (SID = PLSExtProc)
      (PRESENTATION = RO)

    )
  )

LISTENER

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File:
I:\Oracle\Ora81\network\admin\listener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0 LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(Host = 172.17.198.89)(Port = 1521))   )

CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10 SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =

      (GLOBAL_DBNAME = cust)
      (SID_NAME = cust)
      (ORACLE_HOME = G:\Oracle\Ora81)

    )
  )

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = 0

INIT

# If using private rollback segments, place lines of the following
# form in each of your instance-specific init.ora files:
#rollback_segments = ( RBS0, RBS1, RBS2, RBS3, RBS4, RBS5, RBS6 )

# Global Naming -- enforce that a dblink has same name as the db it
connects to
global_names = true

# Uncomment the following line if you wish to enable the Oracle Trace
product
# to trace server activity. This enables scheduling of server
collections
# from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console.
# Also, if the oracle_trace_collection_name parameter is non-null,
# every session will write to the named collection, as well as
enabling you
# to schedule future collections from the console.
# oracle_trace_enable = true

oracle_trace_collection_name = ""
# define directories to store trace and alert files
background_dump_dest = G:\Oracle\admin\CUST\bdump
#Uncomment this parameter to enable resource management for your
database.
#The SYSTEM_PLAN is provided by default with the database.
#Change the plan name if you have created your own resource plan.#
resource_manager_plan =

system_plan
user_dump_dest = G:\Oracle\admin\CUST\udump

db_block_size = 8192

remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

os_authent_prefix = ""

distributed_transactions = 10
compatible = 8.0.5
sort_area_size = 65536
sort_area_retained_size = 65536

SQLNET

# SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File:
G:\Oracle\Ora81\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME)

Sorry for this rather long posting.Would be grateful for any response(s).

thanks
Arti Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 00:03:41 CDT