Re: ORA-01033

From: Terry Wallace <twallace_at_NoSPAMActic.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:19:07 -0400

Thank you for your help. I'm running Oracle 8i on an NT2000 server. I had an open connection with 9i client over the network when somebody did indeed shut down the server without informing me. Would this cause the problem? I shut down and opened the database several times before I left it on over the weekend. If I understand your response correctly you are saying that Oracle cannot gracefully close it's sessions. Is this true?

--
Terry Wallace