Re: Oracle comparison

From: Generic Poster <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 03:56:21 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2002, nospam_at_nospam.com wrote:
>
> > I think if it really sucked, so many people would not be using it so
> > enthusiastically.
>
> This doesn't seem to be anyway to justify that it is a good product. I
> know many, many enthusiastic users of Word which is one of the worst
> products to hit the team documentation environment ever.

Well, let's just say that MySQL is being used by a lot of Unix/Linx/Apache techhead types, and, as a small db, they seem to be enthusiastic about it. These are people who know IT very well, I respect their opinions, and I don't think they suffer trash SW lightly. But the opinion of the average Word user, I value very little. A couple of my employees designed solutions with MySQL (rather small) and it all went just fine. I can't think of any other way to make an initial decision about a product.....we did a lot of web research on MySQL and did not find a lot of "MySQL sucks!" stuff. We went to the techie newsgroups and asked around. It's hard to figure out if SW is any good or not....... Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:56:21 CDT