Re: 8.1.7.3 and the shared pool

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:16:02 +0200

Sounds like your database is a candidate for using the (new) init.ora parameter CURSOR_SHARING=force.
Literal strings are replaced by bind variables before the statement is loaded in the shared pool. Later the literal values are binded. This could significantly reduce the number of different statements in the shared pool in your case.

Read Metalink note 94036.1 " Init.ora Parameter "CURSOR_SHARING" Reference Note".
Bugs are reported too! (It's a new feature you know).

Scott Gamble <zifnab_at_reddragon.org> schreef in berichtnieuws R1KP8.5617$Bz4.31080_at_petpeeve.ziplink.net...