Re: V$ tables

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 10:34:59 -0700

Could you kindly ask him what security risk there is in granting that role? What view should not be exposed in his opinion? I'm willing to listen.

The only view I know that select_catalog_role can see and that contains passwords is user_db_links (8i Documentation says all_db_links also has password column; not true!) I guess the logic is that it's OK to see the password in user_db_links because you created it earlier anyway. It'll be a problem if multiple users login this account and one user doesn't want the others to know the password.

Yong Huang