Re: Can i change the IP Adresse of a public database link ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:11:07 +0200

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 15:58:52 +0200, "cf" <news_at_sitinfo.com> wrote:

>Can i change the IP Adresse of a public database link ?
>
>The public database link is use in oracle replication.
>
>Thanks in Advance..
>With My Best Regards...
>Christophe

Question: does a database link have an IP-address. Answer : a database link is a *logical* connection not a physical one Question: did you use the hardcoded IP-address in your host= section when defining the service.
You now know why that was plain stupid.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 12:11:07 CDT