Re: Data- and control files not updated after insert?!!

From: Yang <yg.yang_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 18:45:41 +0200

I'm not sure you could make an incremental backup based upon the datafile's change time.
if your database is an 24h/day, you must do on-line backup (have you the database on archivelog mode ?), this needs you issue 'alter tablespace xxx begin backup', and after that, you should backup the associated files. hth.
Yang