Running LOGMINER - DBA OK/Involvment required ?

From: R Chin <rchin_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:06:31 -0400

As a developer I am wondering, regarding running LOGMNR to investigate "who did it" things....I'd like some comments from your experience.
In general.....

1) Is this very resource-intensive ?
2) Is this something that requires DBA approval ?
3) if no approval required....should DBA be notified before hand ?

In order to exmine production logs on dev box, 1)I have to generate dictionary file on prod 2) Copy the archive log from production and run logmnr there ...right ?

Thanks for your comments

Rob
8.1.7.2-AIX Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 11:06:31 CDT