Re: Suspend session?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:43:40 +0100

Not using this method.

I guess the only thing you could try is running a loop that suspends, checks v$lock and v$latch_holder, resumes the session if it is holding, sleeps, then repeats as necessary.

However, it has occurred to me that if you switch on resource management, you may be able to set up a 'suspension group', and switch your target session into that group. It is possible that the resource manager would switch (or could be instructed to switch) only when the session was not holding any public resources. This is not something I've yet had time to investigate though.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars