Re: Dual database update

From: Ed Stevens <spamdump_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:42:38 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:17:04 GMT, "John Kaliski" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote:

>Yes, it's the Oracle Enterprise edition, although the data being put in the
>databases is not the same. There maybe some IDs going in 1st database, but
>some string data going in the 2nd database.
>
>I assume this replication thing won't work, using this information?
>
>Cheers,
>John.

Am I missing something? Apart from replication, why not just define a link in database A, pointing to database B? Then, an application connected to A can access tables in B as if they were part of A. Read up on "database Links" in the docs.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)