An open question

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:14:43 +0100

If presented with the requirement to enable two browser-based systems [1] to communicate with each other in real-time over the internet, what technologies would you implement and why?

If we were to state reliability and simplicity as essential requirements, would this affect your choice?

[1] the real-world example I am looking at involves one system running on SQL Server and one running on Oracle 8i

--
jeremy ovenden