DBA role - Grant/Admin option

From: Epicentre Team B Annecy <carmanet_at_epicentre.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:57:43 +0200

Hello,

I've noticed that it was possible to grant the DBA, RESOURCE roles from a simple user
whereas this role hadn't been granted with ADMIN or GRANT OPTION!! This is what I tested: I created 2 users, TEST1 and TEST2, with only CONNECT role, and granted to TEST1
the DBA role (from SYS), without the ''WITH GRANT OPTION'' clause. Then, I've been able to grant the DBA role to TEST2 from TEST1!!!

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

--
Celine Armanet