Re: V$ tables

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 01:52:40 -0700

Well I asked my DBA for SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE and this is the (paraphrased) reply I got ...

"There is certainly a security issue with SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE so access to this will not be granted.

I have granted access to all those v$ views that I considered useful for application tuning and did not compromise database security.

If access is to be granted to any other v$ views then their usefulness to application tuning will need demonstrating to me and I will need to satisfy myself they pose no security risks"

I feel like shooting myself (or preferably him) :-(((((

CE