Can't create fast refresh snapsnot with rowid

From: Egon Olsen <egonolsen79_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 00:21:46 -0700

I am setting up replication from an Oracle 7.3.4.3.0 database to an Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 database, both running on AIX 4.3. It works with complete refresh, but not with fast refresh. If I try:

create snapshot t1
  refresh fast with rowid
  as select * from t1_at_remote

I get:
 ORA-12015: cannot create a fast refresh snapshot from a complex query

Messages and codes says:
  Cause: Neither ROWIDs and nor primary key constraints are supported for   complex queries.
  Action: Reissue the command with the REFRESH FORCE or REFRESH   COMPLETE option or create a simple snapshot.

I fail to see how that can be a complex query.

I have set up a snapshot log on the table, and the proxy user has been granted select on the table, and select, insert, update, delete on the snapshot log.

Did I miss anything, or are rowid snapshots simply always considered complex? Received on Tue Jun 18 2002 - 02:21:46 CDT