Re: Looking for articles and scripts by Howard Rogers

From: Cecil D'Souza <cecildsouza_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:37:40 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:aeltga$b37$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz...

> "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Pablo Sanchez wrote:
> >
> > > "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> > > is no
> > > and
> > > could
> > > hone my

> > > to me

> > > You might take the angle of dredging them up via google and posting
> > > them on your server. If someone complains, you take 'em down.
> >
> > I don't work that way. It is Howard's material and I wouldn't presume to
> > do it without his Ok.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
> >

> Thanks for the thoughts, Daniel. But of course, the problem is that they
are
> *not* technically my materials any more. So if someone decides to copy
them,
> that's between them and Oracle. I tried to persuade the woman running
> lydian_third at geocities to take her copies down, but half a dozen emails
> later, and still no joy, so I decided I couldn't really give a damn any
> more.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Hello Howard,

My apologies if I have offended you in any way when I put out a request for some articles of yours. While I did agree with Daniel's view about permission, I assumed that when you had your site up, it was open to people and they availed of your intelligence and your good will. May be, I am wrong because I joined this group lately and kind of picked up your name from people writing in about your site being down.

I'd also like to mention to you that if your name was never mentioned, I'd never have known and hence never have asked. It's no big deal if I did not have it because life still goes on and we still strive to move ahead despite all the pitfalls. Also, I consider myself a honest person and my intention was to learn and not to trade with it like some might do. The very fact that some people have copies of your material is in itself a crime, if they think that only they should have it and my having it is a sacrilege. I find that rather intriguing if not SELFISH. Yeah!, people like to portray themselves as people who never have to go for confession because their conscience is so clear. I'm proud about mine because I asked.

I'd rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief.

With apologies if you have been offended and thanks if you are not.

Cecil Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 22:37:40 CDT