JDBC Transaction Problem

From: Andreas Ursprunger <andrew_origin_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 09:12:33 -0700

Hello !

I have a problem with a transaction via JDBC to an Oracle 8.0.4 DBMS on NT 4.0:

I try to write about 10 MB of data distributed over ~ 200-300 insert-statements to the DB within one transaction.

Somewhere in the middle of the transaction there occur errors: This is the first exception I get:

java.sql.SQLException: Message file 'oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.Messages' is missing.

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:436)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.ensureOpen(OracleStatement.java:3255)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeUpdate(OracleStatement.java:1371)

And from that point on this exception occurs:

java.sql.SQLException: Message file 'oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.Messages' is missing.
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:433) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.createStatement(OracleConnection.java:183)

And the worst thing of all is, that I neither can make a rollback to all previous changes.

Is this due to some buffer-overflow?
What can I do to solve the problem?

Please write any useful suggestions to: andreas.ursprunger_at_jet2web.com

Regards, Andreas Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 11:12:33 CDT