Re: Database Links expose passwords

From: Tom Swier <tswier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 04:55:18 -0700

At the risk of sounding like "me too", I would have to agree with Daniel Morgan. Instead of using the "canned" roles that Oracle has provided (CONNECT, RESOURCE, etc.) set up roles that do not include security breaches like CREATE DATABASE LINK which the CONNECT role includes. Oracle recommends that you set up your own roles anyway and not use the roles they provide since according to the documentation "...roles are provided to maintain compatibility with previous versions of Oracle and may not be created automatically in future versions of Oracle. Oracle Corporation recommends that you design your own roles for database security, rather than relying on these roles."

Tom Swier Received on Mon Jun 17 2002 - 06:55:18 CDT