Re: interpreting statspack reports ( PX Deq )

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:19:58 GMT

Jonathan, et al-

Just to clarify and reiterate my comments: with respect to the server the PQ events can indeed be regarded as idle events. That is, tuning the instance will do nothing for PQ performance. And yes, it may be symptomatic of a bad pq plan, but must be dealt with as a sql tuning exercise.

Most often the root problem is imbalance in partitioning the query among the slaves. Better table stats and use of histograms would be the first thing I would check.