shutdown of multiple SIDs in 8.1.7

From: buck <scheit_at_gbpackersfan.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2002 11:53:30 -0700

I am trying to find an easier way of shutting down two databases. I am running 8.1.7 on AIX. I am working on a shutdown script, and my present plan of attack is to shut down database one, export $ORACLE_SID=sid_number_two, and shut down the second database. The issue is not how to shut down, but switching between the SIDs, and I can't find anything on that topic in all my reading...thanks

(be kind, i've been working with oracle for a grand total of 10 days...) Received on Sat Jun 15 2002 - 13:53:30 CDT