Re: Unzipping the downloaded 9i v2.0.1 file

From: Thomas Gaines <Thomas.Gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:46:40 -0600

Fred -

I'm assuming that you're using WinZip or a similar program to do your unpacking. When you open a newly downloaded zip file, you should see the path associated with a given file contained in that archive. That will give you some idea of the directory structure that will be created when you successfully unzip the contents.

With WinZip, you can specify "Use folder names" when extracting the contents. Perhaps you aren't doing this. Even if every single file goes into one honkin' big directory, you'll surely receive plenty of errors due to duplicate file names. Unless, of course, you have "Overwrite existing files" checked...

Anyway, check your extract options and try again.

Tom