Re: Good Oracle DBA book

From: Mike Ault <mikerault_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 06:23:17 -0700

Thanks!

The same thing happened with my Oracle8 Black Book from Coriolis, everyone who bought it seemed to like it, but Coriolis didn't push it so it didn't sell. Of course Coriolis is gone now (at least as Coriolis it may be back as Paraglyph Press soon). However, I (and all the other Coriolis authors) have gotten back the rights to their books. I got back the Black Book and the Examcram stuff for Oracle and will be republishing them as virtual books at www.robonerd.com under the ROBO Books International imprint. Should have initial content there by July 1...along with Mark Gokman's PL/SQL Blackbook (one of the only books on Amazon selling for more used than new), Bonnie O'Neals Data Warehousing Unleashed, and several other titles that got burned in the Coriolis failure, under new imprints.

If anyone wants to list with us, let me know. We will also be providing free content such as whitepapers, scripts, QDTs (Quick and Dirty Tips).

I will also be developing my Oracle Undocumented book and the chapters will be available as they are completed.

Mike