My DBA

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jun 2002 06:03:48 -0700

I have just received the following from my DBA:

"ALTER SESSION has been granted to your account. This privilege is
granted on the basis that it will be used to switch on PLSQL_DEBUG, SQL_TRACE and TIMED_STATISTICS as required. If this privilege is used to set any other parameter values without prior agreement, the privilege will be revoked."

Is it just me, or is he being a bit ... well, anal?

What possible reason would he have for doing this?

Incidentally my login.sql script does (and always has done)
"ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'DD-MON-YYYY';"
so I'm screwed anyway :-/

CE Received on Fri Jun 14 2002 - 08:03:48 CDT