Re: How to delete file from PL/SQL

From: Vladimir Begun <vladimir.begun_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:25:28 -0700

Ryan

Yes, you can. But again why not to use something else for that e.g. rm or del and run it as a cron/at job?

You can use one of rman stored packages that has delete file procedure (dbms_backup_restore.deletefile) but I do not think that such "rman mode" is supported, moreover I did not see any DBA who will grant it to be used. Also, you can use external procedure or some java code. I would not suggest to use anything like this anyway -- it's a kind of security flaw, IMHO -- Oracle is a DBMS not an utility for files deleting.

--
Vladimir Begun
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and