Re: interpreting statspack reports ( PX Deq )

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:29:16 GMT

Indeed these are parallel query events. With respect to the database they can be ignored as "idle events". If parallel query is a performance issue for you, approach it as a sql tuning exercise instead of a database tuning issue.

Statspack has a table you can modify to filter these out. Log in as perstat or whoever owns the statspack schema and list the tables. One of them has the word "idle" in it and will be the table to change. Look at the rows and insert the text of the events - precisely, as it is case sensitive.

The only way to fully comprehend the events reported in statspack is to thoroughly understand the database itself. The best doc for that purpose is still the concepts manual.