Re: SOAP / XML / ORACLE

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:43:32 +0100

Thanks Niall - my problem is the subject area seems so HUGE to start with and I am sure there are many ways to skin this particular cat (sorry to all the cat lovers out there!).

I'm just going to have to take some more time to research the basics and build my knowledge over time.

cheers

--
jeremy

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in
message news:3d090d90$0$236$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...

> do a search on technet for 'web services'. I'm pretty sure
that you will
> want at least 817 and 9ias for a web services enabled app.
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> "Jeremy Ovenden" <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in
message

> > 3rd
> > of

> > > There is a good book, a little date (its 8i) called
'Oracle 8i
> > > Application Programming", by about 20 authors.
> > >

> > OK just checked this out at amazon.co.uk - 3-5 weeks for
> > delivery!!
> >
> > Any on-line resources you know of which might serve as an
> > introduction?
> >
> > Core thing for me is, I need to be able to identify very
quickly
> > whether it is feasible to do this kind of interaction
between my