Re: library cache lock | transaction enqueue lock

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:25:44 +0100

True on both counts.

I always have to look up the details before I do this sort of thing, so I often get names wrong (or "differently right" as it may soon become).

I actually tend to use the one which I think is called dba_kgllock to start with, as it is the minimal view without the extra UNIONS, joins and garbage - there is also the benefit that when trying to track the problem the WHERE clause is dictated by one of the
parameters of the session wait - although IIRC you could just restrict by session id to keep it simple.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars