Re: SOAP / XML / ORACLE

From: Jeremy Ovenden <newsposter_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:56:13 +0100

"Connor McDonald" <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3D08FF1E.2679_at_yahoo.com...
> Jeremy Ovenden wrote:
> >

> > A prospective project would involve exchanging data with a
3rd
> > party system. The API definitions doc for this system talks
of
> > SOAP, Web Services Definition Language and XML.
> >
> > --
> > Jeremy Ovenden
>
> There is a good book, a little date (its 8i) called 'Oracle 8i
> Application Programming", by about 20 authors.

OK just checked this out at amazon.co.uk - 3-5 weeks for delivery!!

Any on-line resources you know of which might serve as an introduction?

Core thing for me is, I need to be able to identify very quickly whether it is feasible to do this kind of interaction between my app and the 3rd party app and what the prerequisite s/w on the oracle side would be....

thanks again.

--
jeremy ovenden