import a dump file from another oracle question.

From: Michael Wu <kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:06:35 +0800

Dear All,

Does import a dump file from production to test environment, need to create user or grant some special right?

Our company use 8.1.6.0.0 oracle server, Sun OS 2.7, Sun 3500, 4 cpu, 4GB RAM. and the testing environment has the same level of software and OS, but maching was samll, only Netra T1, 512 MB, 1cpu.

I've dump a export from production using follow command:

exp userid=sys/abcdef_at_production file=/export/home/tmp/product.dmp compress=n full=y direct=y log=pays.log

when I import then using follow commnad:

imp userid=system/manager_at_test file=product.dmp full=y log=test.log

but it shows a message such:

ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace MEMBERS

ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'MEMBERS'

Should I grant proper privilege to each user before import?

Thank you very much!!

Best Regards
Michael Wu

kuohwa_at_ms21.hinet.net Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 05:06:35 CDT