Re: urgent: need stable combination, was (dbverify, datafile corruption, Oracle 9i R2)

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:24:02 +0200

followup to my post:

today afternoon I got again an alert that there is block corruption in the TS DATA.
It seems that dbverify is correct, I got corrupt datablocks, select on one of the main tables is impossible.
Now two days testing vanished in byte heaven :(.

I need some arguments to convince management to stick to more certified, stable
combination of Oracle and OS. Management wishes to run Oracle on Suse. They decided to run Oracle 9.2 because of the enhanced XML features. Is anybody running Oracle 9.2 on production system (OLTP) on Suse Linux (SLES7 or Suses 8.0)?
Has anybody experience with Oracle 9.0.1 on Suse (maybe SLES7) for production system?
TIA
Manuela Mueller Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 12:24:02 CDT