rolling window, partition maintenance, and scripts

From: SerGioGio <serge.malonga_at_supelec.fr>
Date: 13 Jun 2002 09:07:32 -0700

Hello !

I am trying to implement an daily automatic "rolling window" scenario using oracle's partition facilities.

It will be one (ore more) little program managed by "cron" (unix) that will hopefully populate a fact table, and delete old data from the fact table.
It is supposed to work once a day.

Basically, it's just a matter of :

1. adding a partition to the fact table
2. creating a staging table
2. filling the staging table with SQL Loader
3. exchanging the new partition (from 1.) with the staging table
4. droping the staging table
5. droping old partitions from the fact table.

I would like to know where I can find example scripts for this kind of process in PL/SQL or in any other language.

Thanks in advance !!

SerGioGio Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 11:07:32 CDT