Re: library cache lock | transaction enqueue lock

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:54:05 +0100

If you look in $ORACLE_HOME/rdms/admin
for the script utllock.sql, this will create a couple of views of library cache locks (and others) with names like dba_kgllock and dba_lock_internal.

Next time you have a session waiting for a library cache lock, check v$session_wait for the p1 or p2 value, and compare it with the lock identifiers in the internal lock views. This could give you an important clue about which object is the root cause of the problem.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars