resource busy!

From: Pinto <ucanmailme_at_india.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:22:15 +0530

Hello,
When i try to insert into a table that i have from sqlplus, the session just hangs.
is it because there is a full table lock on that table?

i tried
lock table <table name> in exclusive mode nowait and it returns resource busy error.
i took an export of the table, tried to drop the table....not able to do it.

finally i shutdown the database and restarted it.

again i tried drop table.....no luck :-( it still gives me resource busy error!!!

whats wrong with this table. i am able to select from the table but no update, insert or delete is possible. either can i drop that table even after a database restart.

all my work has come to a stand still because of this. can anybody pls help?

thanks,
Pinto. Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 07:52:15 CDT