Re: interpreting tablespace settings

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2002 02:06:29 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<3d0513f4$0$230$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com>... <snip>
> If I'm right
> there's a big market opportunity for consultants to go in export a db,
> recreate it with LMT's and re-import, selling it as the last re-org that the
> db will need for space mangement reasons. (Obviously I'd be prepared to do
> this for a suitable fee!)

<snip>

I love the statement "the last re-org that the db will need for space mangement reasons". But why, exactly, is this? My DBA is still creating new databases (8.1.7) with dictionary managed tablespaces, and I want to persuade him otherwise (he likes having tables and indexes in seperate tablespaces too). Maybe it's because we are still using Designer v1.3.2, which only supports 7.3, but I don't really know - I am barely on speaking terms with him at the moment.

CE Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 04:06:29 CDT