Difference in Table and Table of Types

From: Bill Garcia <garcia.wj_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:30:13 GMT

At a glance a Table and a Table created as a table of types seem to be identical. However it appears that a table created of a type does not show up in USER_TABLES, ALL_TABLES, or DBA_TABLES. I don't understand that. But then I don't understand why TEMP tablespaces are not kept in DBA_DATA_FILES. What is the difference in a TABLE and a TABLE created of type. Would you care to expound on the location of dictionary data on TABLES created of type.

Thanks
Bill Garcia
Tampa Florida Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 13:30:13 CDT