Re: HELP: Connecting IIS to an Oracle Database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:58:59 +0200

On 12 Jun 2002 05:11:44 -0700, jdm3_at_andrew.cmu.edu (Jesse) wrote:

>No matter what I do I always get the message "The Oracle client and
>networking components were not found. These components are supplied by
>Oracle Corporation ..."
>
>I've tried disabling SQL*Net (Net8), I've looked for duplicate .dll
>files, I've checked the PATH environment variables, and I've tried
>using a DSN and going DSN-less with both the Microsoft provider and
>the Oracle provider and no matter what I do I still get that error
>message. Oracle connects just fine (using something like SQL*Plus) and
>the IIS web server is up and running and processes ASP just fine.
>
>Help please, I've been trying to get this working for two days.
>Anybody got any ideas??

Usually Microsux hardcodes the Oracle dll names in their applications. The driver Windoze uses used the have the name ORAWIN<xx>.dll where <xx> is the version number. But that is really a long time ago (stopped with 8.0). If you could figure out somehow which dll it expects...

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 11:58:59 CDT