Re: Performance Monitoring strategies?

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:54:07 +0100

Starting to ....

AFAIK the RBs need to be big enough to hold the biggest transactions that can be going on ever

but this is not always a database problem and sometimes more to do with the app that is never committing.
(Although doing a big job in a single commit has a LOT of nice points )

Why not use OEM - email alerts and fixup jobs for anything you want

it does exactly what you described.. however arbitrarily increasing RBs size is a fix -the -symptom -not- the- problem thing.

just my 0.05c