Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Installation on w2k

From: Rauf Sarwar <rsarwar_at_ifsna.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 09:02:15 -0700

Sascha Klopp <skl_at_dbs.uni-hannover.de> wrote in message news:<3D071DC4.9070001_at_dbs.uni-hannover.de>...
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install an Oracle 8.1.7 on w2k-pc. The startup of the oui
> from cd fails (it just shows the sandclock for a short time and that's
> it), so i used the oui of 9i, and the installation (nearly) succeeded,
> an exception occurred while processing the installation of the net8
> configuration assistant. After that, I couldn't start the assistant to
> setup the first instance. Another try: I installed the oui of 8i with
> the help of the oui of 9i (to install the rest of 8i with it), but that
> didn't work either: Just after starting oui 8i jrew.exe fails.
> Did anyone have a similar problem and, prbably, a solution?

Only thing I am aware of is if your machine has Pentium 4 chip. There is a known bug where Oracle installer hangs when installing Oracle 8i (Have not tried 9i but from your comments it looks like to have been resolved) on P4 machines. Check DOC ID 131299.1 on Metalink for complete detail and resolution. Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 11:02:15 CDT