Performance Monitoring strategies?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 08:50:44 -0700

We often have problems with rollback segments blowing up. Our DBA then needs to go in and essentially increase their size. I know enough about being a DBA(which is not much) to know that this probably isnt the best way to go about things.

We are not using any GUI tools(such as the OEM)... In your experience how have you monitored these kinds of things? My assumption is to have jobs run every 2 hours? or so that hit the data dictionary and then I would assume insert the results into some tables. Then have some queries hit those tables analyzing them for possible issues that may arise soon. Then have an alert sent out if they pass some limit.

Am I going in the right direction?

Ryan Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 10:50:44 CDT