Re: Oracle/Veritas File System

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:05:50 +0200

> Connor,
> Have you had a chance to compare direct io w/ qiock io? Veritas claims
> a near-raw-device performance.

I am not Connor, but I do have experience w/ quick I/O. We made some performance tests (UFS vs. VFS, raw vs. quick I/O, etc.) when evaluating the Veritas Oracle Database Edition, and yes, it's really as fast as raw devices (at least on Solaris 6).

Regards,

Knut Received on Wed Jun 12 2002 - 07:05:50 CDT