Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 21:34:00 -0700

In article <3d06b557$0$28009$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>, Nuno says...

snip
>So, we have the hardware on the desktop with enough processing power to
>put a Cray of 20 years ago to shame.
>
>And what are we doing with it?
>
>Oh yes: emulating dumb terminals.
>
>Ah!: and running screen savers.
>
>Brilliant! We've come far with this J2EE stuff...
>Do the words "gross misuse of resources" ring a distinct bell?
>
>--
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

And of course the central problem that we've had to face as DBA's in all that time hasn't changed - dumb users! ;)

Of course, if we had no users, there wouldn't be much need for DBA's either, but at least we can hope for Utopia!

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 23:34:00 CDT