Re: Data interchange between databases

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:10:51 -0400

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:59:44 -0400, Frugal Sam wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am in the process of designing a database to hold the hierarchy of our
> finance organization.
>
> Other applications would like to access this data; I would like to expose
> a few APIs these applications could call to access the necessary data.
> The data being returned is almost insignificant in size - about 2 - 3
> records of a couple of hundred bytes each.
>
> I do not want these applications to directly access tables or views in
> "my" schema. I would like them to send me a "call" and I would like to
> respond by supplying them the data they need.
>
> What are some ways of accomplishing this ?
>
> Thanks.

Ways of the Oracle are many and mysterious. It is not given to us mortals to interpret them to the ones who haven't read the holy manuals. In the holy place of Amazon.com a mortal can find plenty of blessed material which will undoubtedly help him to discover the Right Way. In the end, allow the lowly servant of the mighty Oracle to give you a piece of advice: RTFM. May the farce be with you!

--
Mladen Gogala
In God We Trust.