Re: restore accidental deleted data from cold backup

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:51:29 +1000

Hi Ed,

No you don't have to restore this large tablespace.

On your "clone" or recovered database, you can re-create the controlfile (recommend you base on a 'alter database backup controlfile to trace' script from the prod database) and simply include only those data files of interest.

Perform the point in time recovery and once complete, simply open with resetlogs and export the naughty table.

Hope this helps

Richard