Re: grant user

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 17:39:52 -0700

In article <f5kcgu4joddpm7g9ikj8jo69rs98jnj47r_at_4ax.com>, Eve says...

>"zeb" wrote
>
>>I want to have a user ( USERB) with some rights on somes tables from another
>>user (USERA)
>>
>>I created the user: USERB
>>and I did the following ( connected system/manager )
>>
>>SQL> grant select on USERA.TBLARTICLES to USERB;
>> grant select on USERA.TBLARTICLES to USERB
>> *
>>ERREUR Ó la ligne 1 :
>>ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
>Only the object's owner can grant privilegs on that object to
>another user
>
>kind regards
>Eve

Partially correct before 9.2, but incorrect in that release. In releases prior to 9.2 one user could grant access to another user's objects, if they had been granted the same access WITH GRANT OPTION. In 9.2, the DBA can finally grant access to another user's objects without having to go through that extra step.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 19:39:52 CDT