Re: ORA-01034: ORACLE NOT AVAILABLE

From: Bradley Pierce <bpie1000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 16:15:21 -0700

I run 8.1.6 on a Win2K Pro box, and I've found cmd startup functionality to be a little buggy. Try going to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services (at least that's where Services are in 2K). You'll find a whole bunch of services that start with
"Oracle", which will sometimes start/stop with a right-click when the
command line fails. You can also right-click and goto Properties to set boot options (like Automatic).

I had a problem that was caused by the ManagementServer not being started at boot, and the DB wouldn't open without it running.
"oemctrl start oms" will do it from command line, but so will
right-clicking from within the Services pane.

--BP Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 18:15:21 CDT