Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: VWP914 <vwp914_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Jun 2002 21:13:14 GMT

Well, Nuno, I see that we see eye to eye on several things, especially when it comes to some of the stuff you said about those illuminated gurus running the show.

And you are right, alot of things are being done today, which will be redone tommorrow. Just like client-server is being undone today.

I mean there isn't any computation being done today that couldn't be done yesterday through a dumb terminal (apart from graphics, of course). To me, the browser is a move full circle back to the dumb terminal, only its more pretty to look at.
In a way, thats why J2EE is a step forward: It gives you a platform, where you can have centralized access to applications.  Not that you couldn't do that before. Received on Tue Jun 11 2002 - 16:13:14 CDT