Re: change owner

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:15:37 +0200

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:43:05 +0200, "zeb" <thierry.constant2_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have to change the owner of somes tables ....
>what is the right way to do that ?
>
>conf.: oracle 8.1.7 on HP-UX 11.0

exp owner=<olduser>
imp fromuser=<olduser> touser=<newuser>

Other methods would involve dumping the create table definitions (can be done with export, as well as with TOAD), creating the empty tables in the newuser and issue insert into select from statements. Exp/imp is likely faster

All other methods -by which I mean screwing with the datadictionaryare  unsupported

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 10 2002 - 15:15:37 CDT