Re: Advantages of loading sorted data into large oracle tables

From: Joe E O <josephobrienNOSPAN_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:44:47 -0400

I was involved in a DW project - the accepted "best practices" of this IT consulting firm was to use Syncsort to pre-agregate ang load tables that would be used as a basis for MV (on prebuilt table)

The (untested) idea being that sysncsort was faster and more powerful than Oracle.

It wasn't by far.

Joe O'Brien