Re: Data replication mechanisms?

From: Brian Butler <bbutler_at_datamirror.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2002 07:41:36 -0700

laredotornado_at_zipmail.com (D. Alvarado) wrote in message news:<9fe1f2ad.0206061053.3ea16d73_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello,
> I work for a company doing its own web hosting. Currently we are
> running an ORacle 8 cluster across 3 Sun 280R boxes. The setup is
> such that if any of the 3 boxes goes down, the others will have
> redundant data. We expect significant traffic but are noticing
> significant latency as data replication takes place.
>
> SharePlex has been recommended as a potential data replication tool.
> Can anyone suggest some alternatives or give testamonials as to why
> SharePlex is the best thing out there?
>
> Thanks in advance, Dave

Hi Dave,

I work for a a company called DataMirror (http://www.datamirror.com) and I recommend that you take a look at our products. DataMirror has a product called iReflect which is a true high availability solution for Oracle databases and it has been designed for customers like yourself who are trying to eliminate their latency problems. Check out this story about a company that is using iReflect to keep their website up and running:
http://www.datamirror.com/investors/2002/may21-02.asp

You can get more info (like White Papers and Fact Sheets) on the iReflect product by clicking here:
http://www.datamirror.com/solutions/liveresiliency/ In particular I'd recommend reading the white paper as it talks about the various different methods of data replication and what some of the pros and cons of each are.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, Brian. Received on Mon Jun 10 2002 - 09:41:36 CDT