Re: Is it the "end of log" or "end of log file"?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:29:32 +0100

I think there is a difference in intent here, and your first comment is correct.

The end of the log file is a specific fixed location.

The 'end of log' is presumably supposed to indicate the current position in the current log file adjusted by the volume of log buffer still waiting to be written.

The log_checkpoint_interval is the number of redo blocks (not O/S blocks, although redo blocks tend to match the O/S blocks), that the incremental checkpoint is allowed to trail behind the current log position before Oracle starts writing data blocks from the end of the checkpoint queue(s). By default the log_checkpoint_interval is 90% of the smallest logfile. (as at 8.1)

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars